Next Course: 28th October - 1st November 2018
5-day certified course in Sound Therapy with End of Life Care
Suzi Garrod (Founder and Director of Next Steps - for Gentle Transition), and Debbi Walker (Founder and Director of Suara Sound Academy) have combined their extensive knowledge and teachings of Sound Therapy, District Nursing, Counselling, Soul Midwifery and Holisitc Therapies to create this in-depth 5-day certificated course, applying sound healing and holisitc care at end- of-life. This course is taught exclusively through "Suzi Garrod - Therapies, Training and Retreats".
As well as providing specialist Sound Therapy for Palliative Care training, this comprehensive course also encompasses the TLC (Tender Loving Care of the Dying) teachings of Felicity Warner, Founder of the Soul Midwives Movement. In effect you are getting two courses for one!
After completing the assessment criteria (see below), students will be certified through Suara Sound Academy as qualified, insurable Palliative Care Sound Practitioners AND receive a TLC Compassionate Communities certificate.
(Suara Sound Academy is a registered BCMA Independent Training School).
What this course will teach you:
* Recognise and Support the holistic stages of dying through:
- Sound (tuning forks, singing bowls, voice and meditative music),
- Gentle touch
- Deep listening
- Holding sacred space
- Applying the principles of TLC
(see www.suzigarrod.com/tlc-at-end-of-life for further details)
* Facilitate relaxation and ease the anxiety of their palliative care
clients as they approach end of life.
* Offer compassionate support and guidance to those who are
caring for a dying friend or loved one.
* Honour and take care of themselves whilst attending to the needs
of the dying
By applying the knowledge and practical skills gained through this deeply insightful palliative care training course, students will be fully equipped to facilitate a more peaceful, dignified and gentle transition from life to death.
The completion of Case Studies and a Personal Reflection Journal are required, and certification is awarded following assessment of theory and practical work.
The course is open to anyone interested in being able to offer holistic palliative care, whether on a personal or professional basis.
*** If you have no prior experience of Sound Therapy, entry to this course will require attendance at one of Suzi Garrod's Introduction to Tuning Fork Sound Therapy days ***
There will be an option to attend an introductory day with Suzi on Saturday 27th October, prior to the start of this Palliative Care Sound Practitioner Course - see separate event and payment details.
Key elements of the course:
To work with clients in transition, you are taught how to use the Peace Tuning Fork which, together with the OM, will provide a gentle ceremony known as the "Soul Releasing Technique. "
As an End of Life Sound Therapist, you will learn how to:
- Sense the gradual withdrawal of the earth element, as Mother Earth gently surrenders her loving embrace in preparation for the soul’s return.
- Tune into the waves of emotion that arise as the element of water washes away soul wounds ready to be healed and dissolved.
- See the spirit of fire within the body empower the soul for transition, burning away cords that no longer serve.
- Feel the element of air whisper its farewell to the earth plane, as the soul begins the final stage of its transition into spirit.
- How to use the tuning forks for your client, their family and yourself with the Clear, Cleanse, Balance System
- Preparation for end of life using sacred sounds of the OM and Peace tones
- The stages of Elemental Soul Transition
- Soul Release Technique
- Ancestor Ceremony
- Self-Care and Honouring the Self
- Creating, clearing and holding Sacred Space
- Exploring deep listening and gentle touch therapy
- Working with Life force energy and crystals